Monday, November 5, 2018

Kappa Delta: Homecoming 2018




All the craziness of last minute all night pomping sessions, and of course late night coffee and Whataburger runs, was totally worth it and I already can’t wait for homecoming next year! With another year comes another tradition on the Hill! This one being my personal favorite- HOMECOMING! There are a lot of great things about going to school here, but one of the best is all the festivities of Homecoming, especially as the campus is starting to get a little chillier and the leaves start to change. It is so great!










Being a senior this year, my last Homecoming is very bittersweet. Although it will be the perfect weekend to come back after I graduate, there is nothing quite like being hands on and apart of Homecoming week and all the fun, hard work, and pomping that comes with it! I will never forget my freshman year when I had to pomp for the first time. Hearing the upperclassmen explain what we had to do was pretty hysterical considering all the freshman had no clue what they were talking about. But it is a tradition that is so fun! Homecoming that year brought me some of my best friends in Kappa Delta to this day. We spent so much time getting ready for Homecoming that it really helps you get to know the girls around you. Nothing like making friends over glue, pencils and tissue paper! But all that tedious work really pays off when it is all put together. I never imagined what tissue paper could turn into until the day of the parade! And to see all the other chapter’s creativity with their floats is really cool as well. It really makes you proud and so excited to be a Razorback! It truly is the best time of year.

 




My last homecoming as a college student has come to an end, but the memories I have of homecoming never will. I am so thankful to not only be a Kappa Delta, but to be apart of a school with such rich traditions and spirit. Happy Homecoming!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Alpha Chi Omega: Homecoming 2018

Our very first homecoming in our house was definitely one for the books! To kickoff homecoming weekend we had our house dedication and r...